Image Map

August 24, 2017

Elementary Music Programs 16/17



Two posts in one week - look at me!
All funnies aside, this post is always one that I get lots of emails about - programs!

This past year I moved to a new district. One of the good things about changing districts is that they probably haven't experienced the programs you've already put on. Because of this, I chose a winner from my previous year for Kindergarten again. I also chose two other "pre-done" musicals as this was something that this district has done in the past. I didn't want to drastically changes things immediately! I also did one of my own programs where I took songs from various resources. 

Again, due to copyright, no additional information is given other than the source. If you would like more information on difficulty, the types of music it entails, etc. feel free to email me at msmusic4life88@gmail.com. 


At my new district, I have roughly 100 kids split into 5 classrooms throughout the year. We not only sing but also dance, play instruments, use movement props and more. Again, please let me know if you have any questions about my programs - I'm always happy to help!
*Thanks to Aileen Miracle, EduClips and I Teach, What's Your Superpower for graphics*


3rd Grade - Flakes!




2nd Grade - Happy!




1st Grade - It's a Hit!





Kindergarten - Friends & Family




2 comments:

  1. You are so nice to share all of your planning! What does SOM mean? I've bought minus tracks primarily from MusicK8 which is awesome. But, I'm wondering what other resources are out there with high quality accompaniment like that? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kami! It is the Spotlight on Music curriculum books. I love high quality accompaniment as well. I'm a pianist but it just doesn't have the "oomph" I want. I use Music Express, Music K8, karaoke tracks (for popular songs) and Spotlight mostly. It's not ideal but I try to structure my programs around what I have. Hope this helps!

      Delete