Image Map

October 27, 2015

Lip Sync Battle - A Fun Music Activity FREEBIE


I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with lip syncing! Jimmy Fallon makes me laugh in general, but his lip syncing competitions are hilarious! My students are also talking about it and really enjoy seeing their favorite celebrities getting a little silly.

This sparked an idea in my brain - why don't we do this in music class? Now, I don't want to take time away from the those core musical standards that we need to meet. However, this would be a great way to spend a reward day, early out and the last few minutes of class.

Let me just tell you - bring a camera! The kids really get into the music and their performance. It's also really special when another staff member comes in and joins them. They go nuts! I also like splitting the class into two groups and have them perform as a group. Their creativity and happiness shines so bright!

Well, I have enjoyed it so much that I decided to share it with you all. Here's what's included in the file when you download through TeachersPayTeachers.com:


Any song will work, but I like to include a variety. It's also a fun way to practice or finish up program songs after a concert. Sometimes, I let the students choose their own songs (as long as they're appropriate). You can do it for fun or create competition, too!

One of my favorite parts of this fun activity is the reminder of etiquette. It's important for the audience to show respect, but also for the performer! 

I also included reward certificates that you can print off to hand to students, create stickers, a hall of fame, etc. The options are endless! You can even use a fake microphone for extra giggles. 


Don't forget - it's FREE! You can project the slides or print them to use in your classroom. 

I'll leave you with one of my favorite (not necessarily appropriate) lip syncing videos:




No comments:

Post a Comment