Image Map

May 31, 2022

Virtual Music Programs


Today I'm sharing my two music programs from the 2020-2021 school year. While we met in the classroom (on a cart), CoVid-19 prevented us from having large in-person music programs. I decided to have two virtual music programs, one for JK-K-1 and the other 2-3. Each program was centered around a picture book that our principal read. Each class had their own song to learn and sing. After recording everything, I put all the pieces together and shared it with our families.

Below is a bit more information for each program. Also, do to privacy concerns, I am unable to share the programs with you. If you would like more information about any of the pieces, how things worked, etc. please email me at msmusic4life88@gmail.com and I'll be happy to help you!



The program for my Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st grade students was based on the story Zoozical by Judy Sierra & Marc Brown. There were children's songs sprinkled through the middle of the book that made up most of the program. I did add a beginning and ending song to have enough material for each class I taught. I also created slides that announced the next song title and which class was performing. These were inserted after the text of the story (which my principal read). 










----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The program for my 2nd and 3rd grade students was I Promise by Lebron James. Each page in this story talks about the qualities that the reader promises to do, such as "I promise to run full court and show up each time, to get right back up and let my magic shine." Each class represented one of these statements and their song reflected that. Instead of title slides, I put the song title and class on the video. My principal read the story and paused for the specific class to sing at that time. When the story ends, I took individual clips of students and groups saying "I promise to be me" to conclude the program. 














Again, if you have any questions, please reach out to me! Personally, the virtual programs took more outside work time to put everything together than actual class time. It wouldn't be my choice to continue this way but it worked really well for keeping everyone safe and entertained. 




No comments:

Post a Comment