Image Map

May 19, 2020

Positive Songs During Problematic Times




Well, this school year has ended in a way that we could never have imagined. Our last week before Spring Break in March was actually our last few days of school. The state of Iowa cancelled school for the remainder of the year with optional online learning. This has caused chaos, confusion, fear, anger, concern and so many other emotions. 

However, through all of us, I am trying to stay positive. Positive for my students. Positive for my daughter. Positive for our family, near and far. Positive for our essential workers. Positive for those ill. Positive for the future of our country and world. Positive for a new school year in the fall. Positive that we can get through this together. 

This is hard! Each day is a struggle and honestly, some days I could care less about positivity. But, there are some things that have helped me get through the tough times: sunshine, walks, naptime snuggles with my little girl, comfy clothes and of course music! It seems so many are going online and singing, playing or writing music. It has the ability to connect us and inspire light in a time of darkness. This song has especially stuck with me this week: I Am With You from At Home With Olaf




I'd like to share some more songs that have lifted my spirits. Many are appropriate for kids and I've passed these on to my students over the weeks. However, there are some that probably don't have the best in words in them - I'll give you a heads up! Remember to always adhere to your district guidelines before streaming or sharing any music. I've starred some of my favorites of the lists. 


Slow

  • Better Place by Rachel Platten
  • Rainbow by Kasey Musgraves
  • Bones by Maren Morris
  • Rise Up by Andra Day*******
  • Found/Tonight by Ben Flatt & Lin-Manuel Miranda*******
  • Hold Each Other by A Great Big World (explicit)
  • Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
  • I Am With You from At Home with Olaf*******
  • Save a Little for Yourself by Mandy Moore
  • Lighters by Bad Meets Evil ft. Bruno Mars (explicit)
  • I Hope You Dance by LeeAnn Womack
  • The Call by Regina Spektor



Comfortable

  • No Matter Where You Are by Us the Duo*******
  • I'll Be There by Walk Off the Earth (explicit)
  • From Now On from The Greatest Showman (explicit)
  • Keep Your Eyes Open by NEEDTOBREATHE
  • Brother by NEEDTOBREATHE ft. Gavin DeGraw
  • A Friend Like You by Andy Grammar*******
  • Beautiful Life (from Abominable) by Bebe Rexha
  • Sunday Best by Surfaces (explicit)
  • Underdog by Alicia Keys (explicit)
  • Good as Hell by Lizzo (explicit)
  • Look Up, Child by Lauren Daigle*******
  • Some Things Never Change (from Frozen)
  • It's Gonna Be a Lovely Day (Secret Life of Pets 2) by LunchMoney Lewis
  • You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile by Sia
  • Wonderful Life by Matoma
  • Life Changes by Thomas Rhett
  • Level of Concern by Twenty One Pilots (explicit)
  • Be Okay by Ingrid Michaelson



Fast/Uptempo

  • Trolls Wanna Have Good Times from Trolls World Tour
  • Backflip (From Green Eggs & Ham on Netflix) by Rivers Cuomo*******
  • Diamond in the Sun by Andy Grammer
  • Crocodile Rock (feat. Elton John) by Nelly Furtado
  • I'm Still Standing (from Sing) by Taron Egerton
  • Young Volcanoes (explicit)*******
  • Power (feat. Stormzy) by Little Mix (explicit)
  • My Body by Young the Giant (explicit)
  • Love Today by MIKA (explicit)
  • Headstrong by Trapt (explicit)
  • Tubthumping by Chumbawamba (explicit)
  • BLOW by Ed Sheeran, Christ Stapleton & Bruno Mars (explicit)*******
  • Anybody Have a Map? from Dear Evan Hansen (explicit)
  • Seize the Day from Newsies (explicit)
  • Freak Flag from Shrek the Musical (explicit)
  • Sing by Pentatonix



What songs have you been listening to during this time? I always love listening to new music! 
Please share below! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment