Image Map

October 19, 2016

Tuneful & Trendy: October (#6)



It's time for another Tuneful & Trendy outfit post!

This week's weather has been insane in Iowa. The beginning of the week was 70's which is pretty normal for this time of year. By Thursday, the temp in the morning was below freezing and I had to scrape frost off my car! But by Sunday, it was up to the 80's again - weird. 

I had a variety of outfits this week to adjust to the changing weather, but this one was by far my favorite. My husband wasn't able to get a picture of me, so please ignore the smudges on my school mirror. 


Who? I had been eyeing this dress for a month or two before actually purchasing it. My husband liked the casual look of it, too.


What/Where?
  • dress: Torrid
  • leggings: Torrid
  • shoes: Tieks

Why? The entire dress is soft, stretchy cotton. It is so comfortable! It works well with a light cardigan in the cool mornings, but doesn't get too hot while moving with my students. It's a little hard to see but the empire waist gives me a little more structure than just a basic shift dress. I love the raglan look because 3/4 sleeves are more flattering for my arms. Plus, the rose pattern is something that I normally don't wear and I've been trying to branch out a bit. I tend to wear leggings under every dress because it allows me to bend over, pick up instruments, folk dance, etc. These have some lace at the bottom which classes it up a little bit more than just basic black. Finally, I'm wearing my Tieks again because they are comfortable and chic. If you want more information on Tieks, check out my post from last week. I normally like to mix things up and not wear the same thing too much. This dress, though, I will be wearing a lot! I saved up coupons from Torrid to purchase it, so it was definitely great to have this versatile piece in my closet at a discounted price. 


Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment