Image Map

August 22, 2016

Tuneful & Trendy: First Day of School (#1)



Welcome! It's the first official blog post in my series "Tuneful & Trendy!"


Thank you to everyone that viewed and voted for my first day of school outfit. The winner is........
(drumroll please)
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
CHEVRON CHIC
WOOHOO! I love this outfit - thank you again for voting!
Remember, these outfits are within the guidelines of my district. 
Please follow the guidelines for your specific district and building.  


So, the point of this blog series is to share with you the who, what, where and why of my outfit choices. Here we go!


Who? Technically I chose the items in this outfit, but you picked it for my "debut." Kudos to you all!

What/Where? 
  • chevron tank dress: Curvy Boutique
  • cardigan: Maurices
  • leggings: Torrid
  • shoes: Tieks         

Why? This outfit is great for the first day of school! The chevron is a trendy print, but the toned down neutrals give it a classy look. The pop of pink is fun but not over the top for the first day. I want to make a statement but be in control. The cardigan covers my shoulders (not ok to expose at my school) but also works well for chilly AC mornings. The leggings are functional - I wear them ALL.THE.TIME. It is so difficult to get down with kids or do different dances with a dress. Leggings allow you to be functional with a dress or skirt. Finally, I love my Tieks. I'll be doing a Tuneful & Trendy post about them in the next few weeks but bottom line: they are so comfy! This outfit is put-together but also shows my fun side through the pop of color and print. Plus, it's functional for just about any music activity the first week. These reasons make it a win in my book - bring it on, first day of school!


So, interested in more first day ideas? I've created a linky party with other music teacher bloggers to give you multiple ideas. Click below to link up or check out each teacher's outfit. Feel free to comment with a picture of your first day outfit below to share with others - no blog needed! No matter what you wear, I know you'll rock your first day and beyond!




Directions:
1.  Grab the picture above and place it in your "First Day of School" blog post linking back to this post.
2.  Blog about your first day of school outfit! You can be as detailed as I was or just say why you chose it - whatever you like.
3.  After you've linked the picture and posted, come back here and join the linky party.
4. Check out everyone else's outfits and get some neat ideas!







No comments:

Post a Comment