Image Map

December 05, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I'm linking up to Mrs. Miracle's Linky Party today, "Thankful Thursday."






It's concert season! I feel like I'm constantly running back and forth for some random thing. So far, I've had two successful concerts this year in November and onto the December ones! Tonight, my 2nd graders are performing "Flakes" by Jacobson/Higgins. We've had some hiccups along the way, but with the support of the teachers and students, it will all work out fine. This leads me to what I'm thankful for this month:


1. Supportive Teachers
      
                  I'm blessed to have such helpful teachers! They cover sound, technology stuff, decorating and anything else I may need. So awesome! As we get closer to the big day, they work with the speakers or whole class on memorizing words. And the biggest of all, they ROCK at crowd control. I had a glitch with technology today, so some helped me and the others led the students in practicing. Blessed!!



2. Hard working students

                  I had the best, unexpected comment yesterday morning. I was communicating with a parent about attire for the program and the mother replied "Well, I had no idea that they had to wear something special because she keeps running around with that program packet practicing all the time. I can never get a hold of it!" This is the best! I work hard on sending home the lyrics to the songs so the kids can practice. I hear them talking about practicing during free time, on the bus and at home. So many parents say their students sing and sing for everyone at home :)  Programs exist for performance opportunities, but memorable programs are made because of those great kids!



3. Administration

                 I'm finally beginning to realize the wonderful administration I have. They support me with decisions and morphing this into "my program." It took a little convincing but I think that everyone is starting to realize that even a 3rd year teacher can put out an amazing product and knows how to bring music education to everyone in a fun and unique way. I have some interesting parents here and there, but I've constantly have administration that backs me up and understands the choices I make for music education and best practice.



Maybe I'm just being corny and super thankful this month, but I'm blessed to be in this district. Cheers to you all - bring on the tonight's program :)

No comments:

Post a Comment