Image Map

January 03, 2017

Tuneful & Trendy: December (#8)




Happy New Year!

The previous month is a busy time for a lot of people. I was also blessed with getting the stomach flu on Thanksgiving. So, needless to say, I haven't posted in awhile.

Hopefully you had successful programs, holiday lessons and a relaxing break! When I wasn't sick, busy or completely exhausted, I did have time to snap a few Tuneful & Trendy photos for you all.
 




Who? The kids and teachers at school LOVE this shirt! 


What/Where?

            
• jeans: Torrid
            • fleece: Columbia
            • shirt: KeepItSchool.com


Why? Elf has become a staple at Christmastime. This quote from the movie is perfectly adjusted for teachers - "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is teaching music to everyone here!" I really should wear this more than once during the month of December because the kids love it and the teachers recognize it. I just might decorate my door with that theme next year...hmm...
                                         







Who? This is one of my go-to comfy outfits for casual days.

What/Where?
          • jeans: Torrid
          • sweatshirt: Maurices
          • scarf: Amazon.com 

Why? Our school colors are yellow/gold and black. Luckily, the "in color" this season is mustard. I snagged this comfy pullover sweatshirt as soon as I saw it. I wish I would have bought two in hindsight. Anyways, I found this super soft infinity scarf on Amazon.com. Two-day shipping brought this beauty to my house and wardrobe. I could also pair this outfit with skinny colored pants, khakis, black pants, etc. It really looks put together but comfy on casual Fridays.










Who? My husband (bless his heart) encouraged my addiction to damask with this dress.


What/Where?
        • dress: Perfectly Priscilla Boutique
        • leggings: Maurices
        • boots: Torrid


Why? This tunic dress had to be in my closet! The base color is a dark hunter green with the print allover in a cream. It's super flowy and flattering over my curves, too. Best part: POCKETS! Paired with my super soft brown leggings from Maurices and comfy boots, this outfit is great for most of the year. I loved it so much that I wore it for conferences and received tons of positive compliments!



Again, sorry for being so quiet lately. I hope to get back in the swing of things as the second semester starts up. Look for a post coming later this to introduce and/or reinforce major & minor. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment