Image Map

March 25, 2014

DonorsChoose.org


I DID IT! I finally got up the gumption to fundraise for my program. I didn't think I would ever do it because I HATED fundraising when I was in school and I still feel awkward asking people for money. Still, there are a lot of things that would help any teacher in any school. So, I created a project at DonorsChoose.org. I have seen several posts about this website for awhile, but finally took the plunge.

I was just relaxing on Sunday and started reading a fellow blogger's post about his experiences with DonorsChoose.org. He has been able to fund a lot of projects and get great materials for his music classroom. I read and read and kept thinking "hmm...this looks promising!" After talking with him, I decided to create my project. Granted, it does take some time envisioning your project, what you need and how it will help numerous students. But, it was great putting my feelings into words for others to see! Here's his detailed information about DonorsChoose.org - it's a great resource!





I also uploaded a picture of a 4th grade performance from Veteran's Day. It was perfect because it used manipulatives as movement props, which is just what my project asked for!




I decided on submitting a wishlist for the following: a jump band kit (for tinikling from the Phillippines), ribbon wands, egg shakers, a ton of kazoos and a book about Christopher Kazoo and Bongo Boo. These items will benefit every single grade and are durable to last for years. They can be used with rhythm, movement, beat and lots of other things for classroom or program use.

I already have an awesome teacher friend that donated on Day 2. For the first 7 days, anyone that donates will have their donation matched! Even $5 is helpful and turns into $10 with the code word INSPIRE.

I know every classroom has needs, but I thought I would put the word out through my blog as well. Donations can be written off on taxes, plus you will receive an awesome, personalized thank-you package from my students. Every little bit helps - just double it with the word INSPIRE on the check out page from now until March 30th.


Thank you!!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment